One of the wonderful medical advantages provided by traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) are in the methods of prevention. Dietary suggestions to include in your meals to help increase the body’s internal heat energy.
- Fresh ginger
- Eat less sweat, sour, greasy and salty foods.
- Drink hot water during meals to assist with digestion troubles such as bloating, indigestion and constipation. Not burning hot, nor warm. It is important to boil (purify) your water first. No microwaving water. No lemons. No honey. No tea. Plain hot water only.
- Dress warm, covering all limbs, feet and the head with a winter hat (beanie), and wrap yourself in a warm blanket. Utilizing an electric blanket is even more helpful, 15-20 min on high temp setting until sweating occurs (be careful to not overheat).
- Take a hot shower, drink hot water before and/or after your shower.
- Take a hot bath, drink hot water before, during and/or after your bath.
- Stay warm all night long while you sleep. Maintaining an electric blanket is helpful.
- Get plenty of rest, Enjoy fun and relaxing activities
- Stimulate specific acupuncture points that support Wei Qi
For more detailed information, please reference my teacher's website at https://www.yudayimedicine.com/post/how-to-protect-yourself-from-the-coronavirus-a-tcm-method